Oct 23, 2010

We're Baaaa-ack! :)

Welp...it's abundantly clear that I'm not a faithful blogger once the school semester begins.  I'm just going to accept it and move on.  LOL!  I think time should freeze during the months of August - October.  They are our busiest and craziest months out of the year.  BUT...I HAVE been taking pictures and jotting some things down here and there to add to our blog when I ever was able to tunnel out of our back-to-school hole and find time again.  I uploaded this set of pictures about a month ago!  It was my attempt to catch up and now I have an entire new set of pictures and stories to match that I need to catch up on.  The OCD me would need to delete all of these pictures and start afresh in chronological order, each event with its separate post.  The REAL LIFE me knows there's no time for that...so here we go.  A brief update with more to come later...hopefully sooner than later but I'm not making any promises! ;)

Using Aunt SaSa as a Jungle Gym :)  She loves to "side" (=slide) on Sarah's legs. 
(Can anyone say leg burn???!!!  Hairy and scary!  LOL!  LOVE YOU SARAH!!!  HAHAHA!)


One Sweet Night
Giving Kisses to Daddy Between the Slats of Her Bed...Sweetness

We are VERY into "bo-bo's" and bandaids as of late.  I can't even remembers this picture now (sad :( ) but I THINK this was a real bo-bo.  Probably what started the entire infatuation with bandaids to begin with!  Not sure what the flag was all about...

Carson and Mommy went to the circus!!!  This was in late August (I think...geez!) and I was excited to introduce Carson to cotton candy and the circus itself.  It was H-O-T in the Expo Center and I must say I have a new outlook on circuses now.  I suppose this was my first one to attend as an adult and what I used to think was magical and cool I now think is smelly, dirty and a little bit (okay...a LOT) weird. 

Mind you, this was NOT an all-star circus!  LOL!  It was a very tiny one with very B-list circus acts/people.  Nevertheless, it had everything a circus should...three rings, lots of trained animals, fire hoops with various things/people/animals jumping through them, juggling, motorcycles in a sphere, trapezing, and COTTON CANDY! :)  We lasted through the first half and left at intermission since Carson didn't really seem too into it.  Ha!  Here are a few snaps from our brief and hot circus experience...

She was much more interested in the cardboard handle than she was in the cotton candy itself. 
She was not a fan.

See?  Told ya.

Her expression here says it all..."Okay mom, I humored you by coming here in the first place.  Do we HAVE to take a picture, too???  Come ON!"

Watching for a Second
(No...she didn't suddenly like the cotton candy.  Yes...I ate it.  Hush.)

One thing Carson DID love at the circus was, of course, the e'phants!  Carson still loves elephants oh so much and I'd promised her we'd see one.  I was getting worried the first half of the circus when none were appearing, but we met this one during intermission.  She thought he was neat!

Does this really need a caption????!!!!

Carson still isn't much of a sweet eater but she did discover popsicles this summer and is very much a popsicle lady now!  I just love the way she's propped up on her knee.  So cute!

Fun with Breakfast

Playing with Her "Write-Write" with JuJu

Okay, these next few pics I started to take out, but I do want to remember it.  Soooo.... about a month or two ago I heard a chirp in our garage.  The garage door was open so I just figured it was a bird in the tree right outside.  I went out and in a few times and realized it was way too loud of a chirp to be outside, but shut the garage door anyway.  THEN the chirp echoed and I knew we had a squatter in bird form in our garage.  This is what I found...
...a lost baby bird in front of my car on the floor of the garage!

Now, here is the part you'd expect someone to say, "Awwwww!  A baby bird, how sweet!"  Ummm, no.  I've pretty much made it abundantly clear throughout my life that nature really isn't my thing.  Birds REALLY aren't my thing.  I don't like birds.  I admit it and I'm not ashamed! :P  They are creepy and weird and I just don't like them.  I'm not AFRAID of them like I am lizards (*shiver!*) but I still would rather they stay out of my house.  So, I commissioned John for bird removal when he got home.  In the 15 minutes or so between when I found the bird and when John came home, that bird didn't move an inch and I would have thought it was dead but it was blinking its eyes.  See what I mean???  Creepy.





Can't see her...but the momma bird was having a COW up in this tree.

This was HILARIOUS.  This momma bird let the baby bird have it big time!  She gave a LONG and LOUD chirpy lecture while dancing and hopping in circles all around this bird.  At certain intervals, the baby bird would try a chirp and the momma would start in even louder.  Too. Funny.

Found a sibling bird a little bit later...

So ends the bird story.  The birds were gone after a few hours...hope they made it :)

MUCHHHHHH more has happened in the last couple of months (well, three) than just birds.  I'll be updating more soon!  I feel better getting a couple more memories in writing for now.  Slow and steady wins the race, right? :)

Before I close, I have to get down in writing that we are on ROUND TWO of potty training (started last week) and I'm exhausted but happy.  More to come on our potty journey...

Night, night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Photoblog Design by Delicious Design Studio