Aug 24, 2010

Carson Meets 'chool!!! (=SCHOOL!)

Here’s what you were up to today…

~ At this very moment, you are sticking your hands through the slots on the back of the chair and tickling my hiney, complete with tickle noises and laughter :)

~ You got my iPhone this morning and clicked the home button on. Your picture is on my home screen. You said, “Ahhhh….Carson!” Then you looked at me, pointed to yourself and said, “I Carson!” I have a feeling you’ll be introducing yourself to others this way all the time. Cute.

~ You ate cereal like a big girl this morning…with milk and cheerios in a bowl and eating with a spoon. You didn’t get too messy either. Growing, growing, growing.

~ You now follow my instructions and/or requests about 99% of the time. Usually on the first or second request you’ll obey. If you’re doing something or have something that you’re REALLY into that you don’t need to be…you’re a bit more hesitant. But I add, “right now” to the end of my request and you obey. Good job!

~ I thought you were going to fall asleep on your own today at nap time! We were changing you right before nap and you layed down from the sitting position straight forward on your changing table. You were so tired! But no…you still would not lay there and go to sleep on your own. I had to rub your back and head. It didn’t take you long at all though! This new schedule thing is going great! You seem to be hungry and tired right when needed. This makes me feel soooo much better going into preschool next week!

~ You had a little secret fun with the TP again today…


~ I love how you end everything with, “Pees, Mommy!” or “Thank you Mommy!” Unprompted, no less. Manners…check. :) We are currently working on “ma’am” and “sir”. You say “excuse me” often, too. Mostly you say it when something or someone is in your way, which is good. But you’re also starting to say it when you burp or when someone else does. Oh dear… Oh, and you are also starting to say “bless you” when someone sneezes. I’m trying to teach you to cover your mouth when you sneeze…so far, no luck. Haha!

~ You are starting to be able to be reasoned with! Yay! Today at lunch, you pointed to the treat jar in the kitchen wanting a brownie. I said, “Eat a bite of apple first.” You did! “Eat a bite of pepper (bell pepper, by the way).” You did. “Eat a grape.” You did! “Eat a bite of pizza.” You did. “Eat a carrot.” You did! Then you’d had enough… “Pees, Mommy?” Okay! Yay!!! I think you understood that I was asking you to do something before I gave you what you wanted!

~ You are now singing along to ALL songs. I must say, I’m rather impressed. You know nearly ALL the words WITH us (unprompted) to Elmo’s World and Twinkle Twinkle. Close seconds are Itsy Bitsy, Jesus Loves Me, Jesus Loves the Little Children and Happy Birthday.

~ “Kitty, eat it. Mine!” This is what you came in the kitchen and told me after the cat had stolen your snack cup! You put your little hands up and flopped them back down to your sides, as if to say, “Well dang it!” :) We got you a new cup and fresh snack. All was well. You tattled on the kitty! LOL! She IS being a bad kitty as of late. She has NEVER tried to eat people food and all of a sudden we are finding her on counters and she is acting crazy. Sibling rivalryish??? Haha!

~ Meet the Teacher was tonight! We met your teacher Ms. Kalena (who is also our next door neighbor!) and Ms. Hailey. I didn’t get a pic of you with Ms. Kalena…she had her hands full with parents, parents, parents! It was pretty hectic with everyone coming in and out, but you played with toys and read books. You met a few new friends. I think the noise and the overall busy-ness of a classroom is something you’ll have to get used to, but you’re going to do great! You didn’t want to leave! You’d found some play cupcakes and were sad to leave them. You say, “chool!!” for school and I think you are excited. Again, you are remarkably adaptable! You’ve met several new people this week and been in many new situations. You’ve done sooooo great! You’re even remembering people’s names!

You've met your friend Emmy before... you were just tiny when you did! :)
The lady to your left is Ms. Hailey.


Of course, you found the book center right away :)

~ Airplanes! Tonight after bathtime, you, Daddy and I played airplane for a long time. You spread your little arms out to your side and say, “Chhhrrrrrrr!” and fly around the room. Aaaaaa-dorable.

~ “Daddy! Home!” You miss your Daddy! He’s been working some crazy long hours and you only saw him for 30 minutes yesterday :( You both are sad about it. Tonight when you heard him come in the door you smiled a HUGE smile and said, “Daddy! Home!” Awwww…

~ I’m realizing more and more how VERY much you watch us and pay attention to us. I vacuumed the living room this morning. I had the vacuum unplugged, with the cord rolled up in the middle of the living room when I was done. I walked to the kitchen and back real quick and you had your foot up on the foot pedal to turn it on. This reminds me of another song from my childhood… and is my new mantra to remind me to watch my actions, my words, how I treat others, how I react…EVERYTHING…

Oh be careful little eyes what you see,
Oh be careful little eyes what you see!
For the Father up Above is looking down with love,
So be careful little eyes what you see.

And the others, we will have to constantly be watching…

Oh be careful little ears what you hear!
Oh be careful little mouth what you say!
Oh be careful little hands what you do!
Oh be careful little heart who you trust…

Hope everyone is having a great Back to School week! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Photoblog Design by Delicious Design Studio