Jul 10, 2011

Sometimes You Just Gotta Do Life...

Well, friends (and family)...I just looked at the last picture I posted in October and let me just say...unless you keep up with us on Facebook you will soon be in utter shock at the changes in our Carson!  I could just tear up looking at the last post I made and my sweet baby still looks like a baby!  We've just been busy doing life here in the Kennon household.  Leaves not much time for blogging, but hey...I'll make up for it over the rest of the summer!

As Carson will VERY quickly tell you these days...she is most definitely NOT a baby anymore.  She is a big girl.  Big girl.  Wow.  In her two (and a half...which she is also very quick to tell you!) short years, we've come to realize that what everyone warns new parents about is 100% true.  They grow up too fast.  Ever so often she will do something or say something that catapults me into years unseen...Kindergarten, teenager driving years, graduation...thinking much beyond that can literally send me to bed for days in hopes of suspending time.

I don't have much in the way of pictures to post this evening.  That will take a lot of sorting and getting pictures off my mom's fabulous camera.  For now, I just wanted to make a quick update to get us rolling for the rest of the summer.  (Can you tell I now have time on my hands?  I just posted my grades for the Summer I session so I'm FREE for weeks!  WAHOO!)

What has the Kennon Family been up to?  Well...as I type this I am basking in the nice new air being blown out of our nice new air conditioner!  The time finally came to bite the bullet and get a new unit.  Last summer it was a new transmission, this summer a new A/C.  I'm almost afraid to keep working summer school because it seems the money I make during the summer repays our savings after disaster strikes :)  (I am so thankful that God takes care of us in this way, though!)

Also as I speak, Carson is walking by me on tippy-toes declaring, "I am a beautiful swan!"  Where she gets this stuff is just beyond me.  She is, as of late, saying things like "Mommy you look just fabulous!" and "Daddy, you need to apologize to me!  You were rude and hurt-a my feelings!" That last one is typically uttered with hands on hips and the start of a "teacher voice".  Yes, she is my child. 

Carson's imagination has taken off and is on a wild, wild ride.  We are venturing into the realm of imaginary friends and just the other day I was scolded for almost stepping on Morris.  "Who is Morris?!"  "Uh!  Momma, Morris is a bunny and you almost hurting him!"  Morris is preceeded in our family by many other new friends that come and go.  One constant that has stuck around is our very own imaginary ant, PeePee.  PeePee started out as a girl but we have learned her super power...changing gender and color.  No matter...he/she comes with us everywhere we go and does everything we do.  And yes, PeePee has even been blamed for things such as crayon artwork on mom and dad's bedroom wall............ahhhhh PeePee the Ant.  There is a fish (unnamed) that shows up, oddly enough, only when we eat at a restaurant.  He's always getting stuck under the table. 

Don't you want to come visit us?!  LOL!

She just ventured by again and said, "Momma, something is the wrong with my juice.  It smells strawberry-ish."  Seriously.  My life is so fun right now! 

John is working outside right now with my dad and Lee (Sarah's boyfriend) in his shop.  He has framed out a room as a music room in our outside shop.  Electrical is going in today.  Sometime this week is insulation and sheet rock.  :)  His man cave.

In my world...I've started another hobby.  As if I had time for any of the others I already "do"!  I've started sewing :)  I'm hoping to venture into my first quilt next week.  If you don't hear much from me in this area in the remainder of the summer...it probably isn't going well.  Ha! 

What else....my sister is texting me right now.  As of today, she is 100% a NURSE!  We are so proud of her!  She passed her big state exam to become a registered nurse.  Wahoo!!!  She now has letters after her name, which is always exciting.  Sarah Russell, RN BSN.  She has been working now for about a month at Lufkin Memorial ICU and is in love with her job!  However, her texts today were less excitement and more sadness.  She lost a patient today.  I just don't know how her heart handles this loss, especially since she is on a career path that will bring death to her on a daily basis.  But my sister is AMAZING.  She views her job in ICU as her personal mission field, bringing comfort to patients and their families during the darkest days they face this side of heaven.  How she does it, I don't know.  Well...yes I do.  God has gifted her.  She is a marvel to me and an inspiration.

Other than all that, we've just kind of been enjoying our summer and resting up!  August will be here all too soon but until then, the livin' is easy :)

Here's our most recent family picture...Easter 2011

PS - Since this picture I've lost approx. 20 pounds :)  I've also taken up running and ran my first 5K last month.  I'll post on that and our other goings-on in posts to come.  School's out for SUMMER!  I'll be posting more very soon!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Photoblog Design by Delicious Design Studio