Aug 16, 2010

Randomness & a Mama Movie Date

No Carson pics to post today :( But I do have some random tidbits to record from today…

~ Carson now tells me “Mama, kids!” when she knows we are going to church. This is really the only time she gets to play with a group of children.  She's had fun with other children one-on-one, but not like in a nursery or daycare setting.  She LOVES it! :)  Yay!  Next Sunday is promotion Sunday for her at church, so she'll (once again) be moving to the next big kid room.  Ohhhh....too fast!

~ Last night, Carson woke up, sat straight up in bed and with her eyes still closed, I'm about 99% positive she said "twizer" (=Twizzler).  Made me laugh for sure!

~ She now kisses her own wrist when she is itchy with her eczema.  Very sweet.

~ She also kisses us right after she's done something she knows isn't acceptable.  IMMEDIATELY when we get "the look" directed her way, she'll kiss us.  If she isn't close enough for a kiss, she'll blow one.  My oh my.

~ We are also about 99.9% positive that she said, "Oh my goodness!" (just as clear as that!) at the dinner table last night.

~ And one more of the almost-positive-she-said... things.  Before I start this one, let me just say that I am just absolutely SO dead serious about this!  LOL!  Tonight, she had a blanket from her room she was playing with.  She seriously wrapped it around her neck and said, "suuupppa powaaa" (kind of sing-songy like).  She said it OVER AND OVER and kind of wooshed around in her blanket.  Now...the only thing we can figure is that she's saying "super power" because it sounds nearly EXACTLY like that.  She was watching Wonder Pets yesterday.  That's the only thing I can figure that she could have gotten it from.  Are you kidding me???  We cracked up!  John then decided he would help her "fly"...very cute.  I sooooo wish we'd gotten it on tape because it was one of those, "Did she REALLY just do that?!" moments!

~ In every day news, Carson ate TWO huge platefulls of spaghetti for dinner.  She was as orange as Zoe when she was finished.

~ She (somehow) got her first splinter in her foot this evening.  No idea how.  I'm pretty sure she didn't have it when I gave her a bath...but I can't figure out what wood she could have gotten it from.  John got it out with a needle and tweezers and she never batted an eye about it.

-I- got a great treat today...I went to the movies all by myself!  It was sooooooo great of John to be willing to let me do that!  I went to see Eat, Pray, Love and I was extremely excited to have some "me time"!


Okay...I wasn't going to post this pic but I'm VERY sure that nearly all of you reading this have smuggled snacks into the movie theater at some point.  And all of this cost me only $2.98 as opposed to the $12.00+ dollars it would have cost me at the theater.  (Admit it Dad, you know you're proud of that savings!)


I must say, I was a tad bit disappointed with the movie...BUT it was still a great experience to have a couple of hours to myself.  I have an amazing husband to let me do it!  AND to top it off, I came home to a CLEAN house and dinner on the table!  Carson was halfway through her second helping of spaghetti when I walked in.  I did have guilt leaving her (after all...it IS her 20 month birthday today!) but getting a sloppy, saucy kiss and a smile when I came in made everything right with my world.  Now I'm refreshed and ready to tackle the week.

Still have two weeks left of summer and we intend to make the most of it!  :)

To all my teacher friends (especially my McMichael friends if any of you read my blog) I wish you a WONDERFUL first week back!  I admit I'm a little bit jealous...I love this time of year...fresh starts!  I've already begun praying for all of you and your students.  I know you'll all have a fulfilling year with lots of blessings!  I pray the tough days make you stronger and the easy days make you remember why you love your jobs so much.  I pray for student success and learning.  I pray for patience, understanding and cooperation for all!  Enjoy your year!!!!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Photoblog Design by Delicious Design Studio