Aug 18, 2010

Handprint : The Sequel (Co-Starring... Bubble Wrap!)

We’re back at it! I think arts & crafts is our new favorite thing :)

Our handprint finally dried, so today we painted it pink! There are a lot of pics on the post…I tried to narrow it down further, but I loved them all for different reasons so they all made the cut! Enjoy!


Off to a good, clean start :)

How she knew to dip the paint and then paint the handprint is beyond me...I didn't show her first and we've never painted before...

Concentrated Artist at Work

Already bored of the handprint...she started painting her hand.  ALTHOUGH...I suspect this also might have had something to do with me saying, "Paint your HAND..." like an idiot.  Duh, Lindsey!...Yes, I meant handPRINT, but that's not what I said...

The pink paint was pretty and pudding-like, so I was expecting a taste...and Carson didn't disappoint!
(Don't worry, it's non toxic/washable paint!)
When she got a tiny bit on her lips, she said, "Peeeww weee!" like she does when something stinks, which I thought was funny and made sense.  It's kind of the only word for sensory displeasure that she has.  LOL!

She decided in needed to be dry and started blowing on it.


And........we ended up a mess, as usual :)

And (again, as usual!) Carson delights in a mess well made :)

Yes, I helped get it covered. However, she DID end up managing to get a good amount of coverage on her own! Of course, it was a clumpy and gooey mess...but oh well. I smoothed over the rough parts and all is well.

And THIS is what happened when I cleaned up the paint when we were finished.  "Paint, paint!  Peeess!  Mama, paint!"  Evidently, she enjoys painting enough to be very sad when it is over :(

This picture BREAKS my heart!  She looks SO very sad that I took her paints away :((((

Stay tuned tomorrow for pictures of our final product, all dried and hung on the wall!

On to the bubble wrap fun...as I promised, some pics of the bubble popping good times with bubble wrap!



Okay, I know this looks dangerous, but I was RIGHT THERE watching her :P


A Dinner Mishap…

As I was cooking dinner tonight, I was chopping up some sausage to make jambalaya. Carson LOVES it. I got the sausage about halfway cut up when it hit me… I always buy beef sausage links. Carson is allergic to beef, Lindsey! Ahhh! Just one of those “duh” moments. I had to think quick and found some turkey hotdogs in the fridge from our cookout at Nana & Papa’s. Not so appetizing as sausage, but Carson loved it, so I guess my flub wasn’t too ill received. May have to start cooking a few of our dishes in separate pots for a while…


Tonight I'll once again end with... A Day in Carson's World...

I’m not sure how long I can keep up this daily Carson update list, especially when I go back to work in a couple of weeks…but once again, some noteworthy things going on in our Ladybug’s life today…

~ You woke up today and immediately said, “Waff! Up, up! Waff!” Waffles are your new favorite breakfast food. You eat whole grain ones, straight from the toaster, no syrup or topping. You’ve been eating two entire waffles this way all week. You also told me when the cat walked by when you were eating breakfast, “Kitty waff. Want it.” Then you held your waffle down for Jacie. We had a talk about kitty food versus Carson food, but I’m pretty sure we’ll have a repeat of this for a while.

~ We went to Hobby Lobby today and before we were even in the door you said, “Fowers!” At our Hobby Lobby here in Nac, the floral section is right to the left as you walk in the door. Yes, my child, you’ve been there enough to know what’s in there! I love it!

~ We got an extra sweet, delicious bunch of grapes at the store today. You requested a “gape” when we got home, so I gave you one. You returned to the kitchen a minute or two later and said, “Mama, more gape! Peeees! Mmmmm!” This was followed by a sound you make when you like something you've eaten…kind of like a slurp…”ssssllllooop!” You liked those grapes today! They WERE good. I even said, “Oh, these grapes are delicious!” You toddled off saying to yourself, “ ‘licious!” You sure do love your apples and grapes, that’s for sure.

~ You actually let me rock/sing you to sleep tonight! Amazing and sweet moment. Carson, I feel you’ll need an explanation of this years from now when you are reading it… You will NOT (and really have never) let Mama put you to sleep. Even in the daytime with naps, it’s a struggle to get you to fall asleep for me. You little booger! Daddy can take you and have you asleep in a snap. I’m just going to take it as a form of flattery that you want to spend ALL your waking moments with me. Tonight, though, Daddy was tired from his long day and I decided to attempt to put you to bed. You did it! We sang You are My Sunshine about three dozen times and then whisper counted to two hundred (a little trick of Daddy’s so he tells me…only he says he ever gets to about 75 or 80 and you’re already out).

Do other babies really just go to bed awake and fall asleep on their own??? Carson, you do not do this. And although I could say that I wish you would do this… (I mean…at some point I’d like to have some kind of normal sleep routines going on around here!)… I can’t deny that I love that we get to cuddle you to sleep. All too soon you probably won’t let us NEAR your bedroom, so I’ll take and cherish these moments for as long as you’ll let us have them!

~ Tonight, as I was putting you to sleep, your head was resting on my shoulder. One of your arms was wrapped around my arm and the other around my neck. The whole time you were there, you twirled and patted my hair. Awwwww…..I’m tearing up just remembering your sweet baby hands loving on your Mama. It’s little moments like these that make me marvel at you and think, how could anyone not believe in our God after having moments like these with their babies? I feel closest to God when we have precious moments like these.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Photoblog Design by Delicious Design Studio