Aug 23, 2010

School Days & a Little Nighttime "Moosick"

Welp...

We. Did. It!!! This week, Carson and I are doing a dry run of our new schedule/routine. Today was day number one and I woke up expecting to be flexible and just do what we could to stay with our new routine (yes, I typed it out!) OH MY GOSH…it was absolutely perfect!!! Carson did perfectly and followed all meal times and sleep times. She was out like a light RIGHT ON SCHEDULE tonight! Holy cow! I’m just hoping this wasn’t a fluke and the success will continue into a smooth transition. Please pray that this is true! WAHOOOOOOOO!

Not too much to report on other than that tonight…but of course I can always come up with a couple of things…

~ Yesterday, we met our new teacher, Ms. Kalena at First Methodist Preschool! Well, John and I did. Carson will officially meet her tomorrow night at Meet the Teacher. We are soooo excited! I feel great about where she is going, her room, her classmates (little friends already!) and the overall environment. Everyone at FUMC Preschool is so very friendly and has a servant’s heart. They love our kids! Yay! Such an answer to prayer :)

~ I am so thankful that you are showing signs of no shyness! You don’t take after your Daddy and I too much! You are usually a tad bit hesitant at first, but you warm right up to people that are genuine to you and who talk to you and treat you with kindness. You will never know the peace this brings my heart. I don’t worry about you nearly as much as I would if I knew you were more like me. I just pray this holds true for your entire life and that you are able to be social, warm and make friends easily your whole life. You’re so adaptable!

~ Suddenly, my Carson, you seem to be acting so old! You were sooooo sweet today and easy going! You always are, but all day long you just had the BEST day! While we were shopping in Wal-Mart today, you wrapped your little arms around me and said, “My mommy…my Mommy…” over and over, just patting me the whole time. I pushed you around in the buggy like that for a long time! So tender and loving your heart is already.

~ Also in Wal-Mart, you saw a boy (not a little boy, either!) that you liked for whatever reason. Yes, it is true…you said, “Mommy…boy! Want it.” You said it over and over again. Your Daddy was none to happy to hear this report when we got home.

~ In an effort to be peaceful at bedtime, I broke out your CD player and classical CD’s. You are in LOVE with it. You said, “Ohhhhhhh” very softly and swayed to the music, which you call “moosick”. It worked! You were so calm at bedtime and after a few books and that soft music…bam. Lights out :) Here you are admiring your CD player…





Overall, we had a great start to a new week and a new routine. John’s first day went well. Although he didn’t make it home until about 9 p.m. (Meet the Dragons tonight), he said the first day went fairly smooth. Except for his legs and voice hurting :) I loved reading all the posts from all the “first dayers” in Kindergarten, all my teacher friends and all the pictures. Makes me miss it!!! AND makes me more than thankful that we can put off that first day of Kinder for a few more years. NOT ready for that one!

Happy First Day of School!!! Here we go again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Photoblog Design by Delicious Design Studio