Feb 28, 2012

The Things She Says

Sometimes I look at Carson and suddenly think, wow...she's suddenly BIGGER.  Physically, yes.  (I bought this child new pants in December and got them a tad too long.  I had to buy her all new pants at the beginning of this month and they are just long enough at the next size.  Heavens.  And don't even get me started about her feet.)

But more spiritually, mentally, and academically.  Those words sound too big of words to use to talk about a three year old, but we are there.  Our baby bug is THREE.  Geez.  Mommas, can you please heave a collective and bittersweet sigh with me?

She says things EVERY day I want to remember and everyone tells me in their been-there-forgot-that Momma wisdom to write them down.  Great idea in theory...quite another in the real world of work, making lunches and dinners, giving baths, doing laundry, etc.  I just don't do enough recording like I want.

With a couple of things fresh on my mind, I want to get them down.

So, following are some of the latest Carson-isms.  (*Disclaimer...Honestly...she is the only one we have so I don't know what on earth is "normal" language for three.  But she amazes me with her sentences and the words she uses.  Sometimes she gets them correct, sometimes not.  I just want to remember it all.)

Gardening Convo

Me:  Carson, what did you learn in school today?

C:  Well, gardening.  Not the kind of gardens you eat.  FLOWER gardens.  There is a difference, Momma.

Me:  That sounds so fun!  Did you get to plant some things and be a gardener?

C:  (Sigh)  I did.  BUT...Ms. Debbie just started singing the clean up song and I didn't get much time for gardening today.  Maybe tomorrow I'll have a little bit more time.

Television Convo #1 (YES, I let my child watch television...probably way too much.)

Me:  Carson, what do you want to do?

C:  How 'bout watch a little Netflix?  But not on the big T.V.  Netflix on your computer.

Just cracks me up that technology comes so easy to little ones.  She can work the play/pause on Netflix on our computer and is a pretty great whiz on the iPhone.  She can pull up her own apps on her own and she also is figuring out the other apps.  She can get to the camera now and often asks for me to take a pic or a video "on ya phone".  Her favorite games to play on my phone are "Mouse" (a learning game hosted by a little grey teacher mouse) and ... Angry Birds.  Seriously y'all.  She's getting better, too!  When she misses she lets out a frustrated, "ARRRHHH!"  It's pretty much one of the funniest things I've ever encountered.

Television Convo #2

C:  Momma, can you please change the volume on my show.  I can't hear Wubbzy very clearly.

This sounds just way too grown up to me.  Where is my BABY?!


Just a Funny Misunderstanding

Me: Who’d you play with on the playground today at school?

Carson:  Well, lots of friends like Ana Kate.  We put sand on our shoes!  And I play with Amory and Peyton and Riley and Jake.   But boys are stinky.

Me:  Who else?

Carson:  Well, there were no godfathers. (This is what my ears heard.)

Me:  What?  Where’d you hear the word godfather?

Carson:  You know…(speaking very slowly now) God...our...father.

I still have no clue how that tied in to who she played with on the playground, but I got a good laugh.  Especially since her “father” comes out like “fadder”, making it sound Italian mob-esque. 


The Lord's Prayer

A few Sundays ago, our pastor showed a video clip of the cutest little Asian toddler you've ever seen reciting the Lord's Prayer.  She couldn't have been more than two years old.  So I got it in my mind that I would teach Carson.  We have all kinds of little prayers I've been reciting to her since she was little bitty...bedtime, mealtime, going to school, etc.  So I figured she could do it.  She did!  It took about a week, but now she can say the whole thing and gets very frustrated if she pauses and I try to help her along.  Independent, much?  I've NO clue where on earth that comes from. :)

Here is her version (I'll try to get a video clip up one day soon.  I’ve tried to put in the emphasis and inflection she uses.  It’s pretty hilarious!  There are no typos either.  The mistakes make me laugh a lot!) :

Our Fadder, who ART in heaven,
Hallowed be my name!
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done (Said very matter-of-fact with a nod of the head.)
On earf as it is in heaven.

Give us ‘dis day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses and those against us (This is her weakest line…big words for a three year old!)
Lead us NOT into mentation,
But deliver us from EVIL (Menacingly whispered with a very scrunched up face!)

For dine is the kingdom! And the power!  And the glory!
FOREVER AHHHMEN!!!

My favorite line is “hallowed me MY name”.  LOL!  I’m just so thankful that she has the very beginnings of understanding faith and Christ’s love.  If you ask her who loves her the most in the whole world, she quickly says, “Jesus!”  Love that.  One day not long ago in her bathtub she said, “Daddy, Jesus is in my heart.”  My prayer everyday that she will understand this more and more as she continues to grow.

That’s all for now.  Crazy girl.  She is full of surprises.  I wish my mind could remember it all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Photoblog Design by Delicious Design Studio