Aug 9, 2010

Nooks & Crannies....& More Climbing

Carson has my genes...she loves to find a little nook & cranny somewhere and get in.  :)  I find her in lots of different places, just playing contentedly with a favorite toy, talking/jabbering to herself or even humming a little song. 

Today, I found her in a basket in the living room...



I love this picture because it shows her little personality so well.  Not only does it capture the "nook & cranny" tendency, but it also is a glimpse into our daily life with Carson right now.  For example...it's summertime for sure (in the hundred degree range every single day) and our curls are feeling it.  Check out those cute locks!  Also, I've mentioned the last few posts that she is really cheesin' for the camera now.  She is requesting the "camma pitcha" (camera picture) so much the last few days!  And NOW she is not only smiling, but anticipates the flash (less squinting) and she knows to pause for a second for the flash.  LOVE it!  And another thing about this pic...Carson seems to be happiest at home when she is not wearing pants.  :P

This is what I found today after coming back from the kitchen making lunch...



Carson, my dear, you can climb our furniture like a pro and in record time.  The above pictures are Carson on top of my hope chest.  Cracked me up with that little chin resting on the back of the couch, watching Sesame Street.  Little booger :)

AND...we'll be removing the chair next to the computer table for a while...


I don't know what to do now other than watch you like a hawk...or put all of our furniture in storage!

A few other noteworthy things today...

~  As we were walking in to church this morning you smiled and said excitedly, "Babies! Kids!"  I always ask you if you're ready to go to church and play with the "kids".  You're my little parrot :)  Speaking of church, we had a GREAT worship service today.  I just loveeeee our church and our new pastor. 

~  Tonight's dinner (just Carson and I...John was at the band hall getting ready for band camp this week) was rather eventful in terms of cuteness and entertaining Mama.  Carson told me several sentences this evening.  First, she felt that the menu was grand.  We had jambalaya (which I learned she LOVES) and, more importantly, corn on the cob.  When she saw it on her plate, she patted it and whispered very softly, "Ahhhhh....corn!"  Yes, I count this as a sentence :)

The second sentence was, "Mama, no milk.  Apple juice!"  Uttered in that order and very plainly.  Anyone overhearing would have understood.  Yay!  However, this is proof that our strike on milk continues..............

This next one isn't so much a sentence as it is just plain ol' cute.  She said, after I requested the use of her fork instead of her hands for eating, "Fork, fork, fork. Kay!" (kay = okay)  She then used her fork for the remainder of the meal.  Wahoo! 

The third sentence came after dinner as I was on my hands and knees under the dinner table, rounding up all the rice that you "accidentally" dropped during dinner.  You said, "Uh oh! Mess...ceen.  Mama ceen." (ceen = clean)  Carson really has no qualms about making messes and I don't think it really bothers her terribly that they are messy....she just likes pointing them out and telling me to clean them.  Ha!

~ Carson has a new favorite Nick Jr. show..."The Upside Down Show".  It's a little strange, but much more tolerable than Yo Gabba Gabba.  :)  She LOVES it.  I haven't figured out exactly what it's about yet...but I know that an invisible, talking fly and two goofy guys are involved.

~  Carson played chicken with the vacuum cleaner tonight.  I think it's my new favorite game with her.  She thought it was the funniest thing ever!

Stay tuned tomorrow!  It's Girls' Day Out! I'm sure we'll have lots of cute pics to share! 

Thank you to ALL of our wonderful, amazing friends and family who keep up with our little blog and lives.  I was blown away when visiting Hemphill yesterday at the amount of friends that follow my family's journey.  We are truly blessed and thank you for the sweet, kind words!  I cannot tell you what a sweet joy it is to know that so many of you love and care about our little family.  We love you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Photoblog Design by Delicious Design Studio